Sponsored by Schott Music
For the outstanding quality and scope of the performances and work in any context of a group of musicians, no fewer than three, in the UK between January 2018 and June 2019.
Panel citation: The Aurora Orchestra is Midas-like in its touch, setting standards for us all, from formidable contemporary repertoire to theatrical exploration to engaging young minds. Limitless in their creativity, scope and commitment to audiences’ experience: anything can happen in an Aurora performance, it will always be the highest quality, and there’s constant anticipation as to what they will do next.
This year's Ensemble Award was decided by an independent panel drawn from across the music profession comprising:
- Angus Smith, Artistic Director, Music in the Round
- Alexis Paterson, Chief Executive, Three Choirs Festival
- Jo Hensel, sub-principal horn, ASMF / Deputy Head of Wind, Brass and Percussion, Guildhall
- Sam Rigby, Managing Director, Schott Music
- Ruth Rogers, violinist / leader, London Mozart Players