Supported by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music
For an outstanding initiative or organisation which set out to engage and have a lasting positive impact on the lives of people who may not otherwise experience classical music.
‘Pioneered with Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School, Sound Young Minds defines how classical musicians can play a transformative role in the lives of teenagers with mental health issues. It makes the young people feel like creative equals, potently boosting their confidence, social skills and trust.’
You can see the moment this award was announced as part of the full RPS Awards Presentation, broadcast online on Wednesday 18 November 2020.
- Across The Sky - Cheltenham Music Festival
- STROKESTRA - Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- The Lullaby Project - The Irene Taylor Trust
- Aga Serugo-Lugo, performer / workshop leader
- Lisa Tregale, Director, BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Matt Peacock, Director, With One Voice / Founder, Streetwise Opera
- Nina Swann, Acting Executive Director, Live Music Now
- Peter Garden, Executive Director (Performances and Learning), Royal Liverpool Philharmonic