Chamber-Scale Composition: Shortlist
Sponsored by Boosey and Hawkes in memory of Tony Fell
For an outstandingly imaginative and engaging chamber-scale work receiving its first UK performance between January 2018 and June 2019
- Clara Iannotta - dead wasps in the jam-jar (iii)
- Julian Anderson - String Quartet No. 3
- Tansy Davies - Cave
This year's shortlist for Chamber-Scale Composition was decided by an independent panel drawn from across the music profession comprising:
- Clifton Harrison, viola, Kreutzer Quartet / Chineke!
- Harriet Wybor, Relationship Manager, PRS for Music
- Ken Hesketh, composer
- Natalia Franklin Pierce, Executive Director, Nonclassical
- Zoe Martlew, cellist / composer
The Chamber-Scale Composition category is kindly supported by Boosey & Hawkes in memory of Tony Fell, who was the publishers' Managing Director from 1974-96, and former Chair of the Royal Philharmonic Society.