Inspired by PULSE, the RPS joined forces with arts charity IdeasTap in a new initiative which offered five young filmmakers and five composers the chance to create their own short film/music collaborations.
In Sound:Vision, each pair of young artists were brought together by the RPS and IdeasTap and awarded £1000 to bring their creative visions to fruition; the final films were shown in 2014 at an autumn screening in London.
The composers/filmmakers, selected from over 100 applications, were:
- Royal Academy of Music MMus graduate, composer Ed Scolding, collaborating with Guildford School of Acting graduate, Peter Groom.
- Former Britten Pears Young Artist and Sound and Music ‘Portfolio Composer’ 2013 Sarah Lianne Lewis, and London College of Communication BA Interaction and Moving Image graduate Christopher Lutterodt-Quarcoo.
- Composer and orchestrator for film, theatre and television, Theo Vidgen, and Oldham born Sophie Barrott (currently a student at California State University).
- Young composer Joe Jackson from Merseyside, and Oxford University English graduate and young theatre director Chloe Wicks.
- Royal College of Music student Dani Howard, collaborating with Italian documentary filmmaker Victoria Fioravante.