Press Releases & Comment
Read the latest news from the Royal Philharmonic Society.
Please select a release to view and download.
For images/logos, please contact admin[at]philharmonicsociety.uk
For further press details, please contact our Press Consultant Sophie Cohen on (+44) 20 7428 9850 or visit www.sophiecohenpr.com
- 11 July: RPS announces awards and prizes for young composers and musicians totaling £42,000
- 4 July: Gemma Summerfield wins Chilcott Award for Singers
- 8 June: Rosie Johnson appointed MBE
- 1 June: Stephen Hough Awarded Honorary Membership of the RPS
- 23 May: Winners announcned of the RPS-Duet Prizes for school-aged composers and instrumentalists
- 9 May: Winners of the RPS Music Awards announced
- 12 April: RPS Music Awards Shortlist Announced
- 04 April: James Murphy appointed as Chief Executive of the Royal Philharmonic Society
- 23 March: RLPO Violinist awarded prestigious RPS-ABO Salomon Prize for orchestral musicians
- 05 February: Edmund Hunt appointed Royal Philharmonic Society-Wigmore Hall Apprentice Composer
- 22 January: Applications now open for £10000 Chilcott Award
Kathryn McDowell, Director, LSO: The RPS has been a meeting point for musicians, composers and audiences for 200 years and remains a passionate advocate for music today.
DID YOU KNOW?
In October 1970, Lutoslawski's Cello Concerto received its world premiere, having been commissioned by the RPS. The soloist was Rostropovich, who received our highest honour, the Gold Medal, the same year.