2012 Press Releases
- 13 December 2012: RPS Bicentenary events in January and February announced
- 7 December 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society launches “Gift of Music” card
- 7 December 2012: Nominations open for the RPS Music Awards
- 7 November 2012: RPS Bicentenary Programme Announced
- 30 October 2012: Salomon Prize Winner Announced
- 19 September 2012: RPS Autumn Events 2012: Talks, Debates, Performances, Commissions
- 12 September 2012: Duncan Rock wins inaugural Chilcott Award for Singers
- 12 July 2012: RPS supports young artists to the tune of £36,500
- 28 June 2012: RPS Honorary Membership awarded to John Stephens OBE
- 18 June 2012: RPS Summer Events 2012
- 8 May 2012: Winners of the RPS Music Awards announced
- 3 May 2012: Pianist Mitsuko Uchida awarded Royal Philharmonic Society Gold Medal
- 24 April 2012: Encore: Chamber Music for Spring 2012
- 17 April 2012: Shortlists Announced for 2012 RPS Music Awards
- 16 April 2012: Nikolaus Harnoncourt to be awarded Royal Philharmonic Society Gold Medal
- 11 April 2012: Gareth Malone to give keynote speech at RPS Music Awards
- 1 February 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society and Britten Pears Foundation announce major new commissions
- 13 January 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society Debate at the ABO Conference
Jane Manning, internationally recognised soprano specialising in contemporary music over an eminent career, premiering over 350 new works.
DID YOU KNOW?
Queen Victoria attended a Philharmonic Society concert conducted by Mendelssohn in 1844.