2012 Press Releases
- 13 December 2012: RPS Bicentenary events in January and February announced
- 7 December 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society launches “Gift of Music” card
- 7 December 2012: Nominations open for the RPS Music Awards
- 7 November 2012: RPS Bicentenary Programme Announced
- 30 October 2012: Salomon Prize Winner Announced
- 19 September 2012: RPS Autumn Events 2012: Talks, Debates, Performances, Commissions
- 12 September 2012: Duncan Rock wins inaugural Chilcott Award for Singers
- 12 July 2012: RPS supports young artists to the tune of £36,500
- 28 June 2012: RPS Honorary Membership awarded to John Stephens OBE
- 18 June 2012: RPS Summer Events 2012
- 8 May 2012: Winners of the RPS Music Awards announced
- 3 May 2012: Pianist Mitsuko Uchida awarded Royal Philharmonic Society Gold Medal
- 24 April 2012: Encore: Chamber Music for Spring 2012
- 17 April 2012: Shortlists Announced for 2012 RPS Music Awards
- 16 April 2012: Nikolaus Harnoncourt to be awarded Royal Philharmonic Society Gold Medal
- 11 April 2012: Gareth Malone to give keynote speech at RPS Music Awards
- 1 February 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society and Britten Pears Foundation announce major new commissions
- 13 January 2012: Royal Philharmonic Society Debate at the ABO Conference
Colin Lawson, Director of the Royal College of Music: The dynamic cultural advocacy of the RPS makes an incalculable contribution to British musical life.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 'The Red Headed League', Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson attended a performance by the violinist Sarasate at a Society concert in 1891.