2013 Press Releases
- 12 November: György Kurtág and András Schiff to be awarded RPS Gold Medal
- 13 September: Autumn Events in New York and Across the UK
- 6 August: Plaque to be unveiled on the site of the first UK performance of Beethoven's 9th.
- 31 July: RPS awards over £81,000 to Young Musicians
- 22 July: Celebrating Beethoven 9 - Plaque Unveiling and Prom
- 14 May: RPS Music Awards Winners Announced
- 29 April: RPS Young Musicians Programme: Support for String Players
- 24 April: RPS marks its Bicentenary with series of awards for international music makers, in association with the British Council
- 11 April: Shortlists announced for Royal Philharmonic Society Music Awards
- 3 April: Major series of new works to be premiered at Aldeburgh Festival
- 18 February: Sally Groves Awarded Leslie Boosey Award
- 8 February: March and April: ‘Philharmonic Firsts’
- 23 January: Royal Philharmonic Society wins prestigious ABO Award
- 23 January: RPS celebrates its 200th birthday by announcing transatlantic partnership and a major new commission
- 21 January: James MacMillan gives keynote address at RPS English Visionaries Day at the QEH on 26/01/13
- 10 January: Songbook commissioned to mark the Bicentenary of the Royal Philharmonic Society and Benjamin Britten’s centenary in 2013
- 9 January: 200th Anniversary on 24/01/13 and Bicentenary Events in January
Brian McMaster, advocate for the arts, former director, Edinburgh International Festival: presented with RPS Honorary Membership in 2009.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Schaller Bust of Beethoven, donated in 1871, has stood on the platform of every RPS concert since then as a symbol of excellence and support for the living composer.