Many companies look for distinctive associations to demonstrate their charitable outlook and inspire colleagues and clients. We invite you to join forces with a venerable royal institution that is a vital force in British music.
Our grants and commissions for bright young musicians transform their prospects at a critical stage in their career. Our Awards are the national gold standard for classical music and one of the great occasions in the British music calendar. Our talks and events showcase some of the finest artists and musical heroes, captivating the nation with their remarkable story. Through our growing membership we are like a Royal Horticultural Society for music, connecting music lovers and music makers, and engaging hearts and minds across the United Kingdom.
We would be delighted to talk to you about how your company might enjoy a distinctive association with the Royal Philharmonic Society, helping us fulfil our charitable aims, and giving you, your colleagues and clients a rewarding partnership in return.
By joining us, your company has the opportunity to:
- enhance its brand and reputation through positive alliance with a leading charity
- entertain key stakeholders at prestigious events including our celebrity talks and the RPS Awards
- reach a distinguished audience with networking opportunities
Detailed below, are the different ways in which your company can get involved with the Royal Philharmonic Society. If you’d like to talk about the range of possibilities open to you, please contact Alison Pavier, our Development Consultant. We’d love to hear from you.
Corporate Membership (£500)
Corporate Membership is distinctly different from individual Membership and offers a range of benefits specifically designed to have resonance and reward for a company:
- Dedicated page on the RPS website with your company logo, name and links
- 'Featured Corporate Member' tile on the RPS homepage (in rotation)
- Pair of half-price tickets for the annual RPS Awards, with the opportunity to buy more at full price ahead of the public
- Pair of complimentary tickets for one of our popular RPS talks
- Opportunity to nominate for the RPS Awards and prestigious Honours
- Receive the RPS’ regular e-bulletin packed with inspiring, to unlimited staff addresses
- Digital copy of the RPS Magazine twice yearly to share with your staff
- Social media promotion (Facebook and Twitter) for particular campaigns you would like us to share
- Invitation for representatives of your organisation to attend our Annual General Meeting
- Text credit in RPS printed publications including the RPS Awards souvenir programme
- Other special offers from our friends and partners
Premier Corporate Membership(£1,000)
All of the above, plus:
- Pair of free tickets (instead of half-price) for the annual RPS Awards
- Supply of the print edition of the RPS Magazine for your company to display and share with staff and clients
- Free banner advert annually in the RPS e-bulletin dispatched to hundreds of Members and contacts across the music profession
- Invitation for representatives of your company to see the RPS at work, meet its beneficiaries and gain special insights
- Logo alongside text credit in the RPS Awards souvenir programme
- Visible credit at the RPS Awards venue (likely as part of a rolling digital display during the evening)
The RPS tirelessly supports and champions musicians who strive to enrich society with all that they do. Through grants, commission, mentoring, courses and performance opportunities, we help promising performers and composers when they can often struggle, taking their first professional steps and finding their voice. We are tremendously grateful to a number of companies who recognise all that music does for the nation’s spirit and support us in this charitable work. There is no limit to the good we can do here, and we have ambitious plans.
If you would like to talk about putting your name to a particular aspect of our work – from our renowned scheme that puts good quality instruments into the hands of youngsters who truly need them to excel, to our pioneering programme changing the face of musical leadership by helping women take up conducting – we would love to establish a unique partnership with you. Please contact Alison Pavier, our Development Consultant, or call us on 020 7287 0019 and let’s start exploring what we can achieve together.
We invite you to play a part in one of the great events in the musical calendar: the Royal Philharmonic Society Awards. In the words of BBC Radio 3, ‘for classical music, it’s the Oscars, the BAFTAs and the Grammys all in one’. The RPS Awards celebrate the outstanding, the pioneering, and the inspirational in classical music. It’s the one date in the musical year that brings together UK’s musical profession, from superstars of the stage to unsung heroes engaging every corner of the nation with great music-making. Proudly presented in association with BBC Radio 3, this year’s Awards presentation takes place on Thursday 28 November 2019 at Battersea Arts Centre in London.
We invite you to put your company name to one of the 12 coveted Awards. In return:
- You will be named as an RPS Awards Partner, visibly acknowledged in publicity leading up to and including the event
- You will be offered a number of complimentary tickets for the RPS Awards, including sparkling reception on arrival, awards presentation with live music, post-show party with food and wine, in the company of leading, distinguished figures from the classical music profession
- Your name will be credited in all RPS Awards printed publicity, in the RPS Awards souvenir brochure, on screens at the event, and on the RPS and dedicated RPS Awards websites, with a link to your website
- You will be assigned RPS Corporate Membership (see above) for one year offering the opportunity to evolve your association with the RPS and enjoy further profile among the Society’s growing membership and followers nationally
- If they are able attend the RPS Awards, you will be introduced to the winner of the Award you have supported and have the opportunity to be photographed with them.
- Where the recipient is an individual or group with future engagements (as opposed to a completed project), we strive to organise a further opportunity to present them the award on their ‘home turf’ in front of their regular audience, and would credit you in the presentation and seek for you to meet them on this occasion too.
- We enjoy have an ongoing association with each of our winners and, as opportunities arise within this – such as an online interview – your support of their Award will continue to be credited, and we will discuss with you further opportunities for profile and engagement around this.
There is also scope to sponsor the Awards event outright or other aspects of the evening. To talk more about all the possibilities of RPS Awards sponsorship, please contact Alison Pavier, our Development Consultant, or call us on 020 7287 0019.
Daniel Barenboim, RPS Gold Medal 2007: Classical music will not survive unless we change our attitude and make it something that is essential to our lives. Join the RPS if you believe in the future of music.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 'The Red Headed League', Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson attended a performance by the violinist Sarasate at a Society concert in 1891.