Young Artists Award
Supported by Tarisio
For a solo performing artist or chamber ensemble, relatively new to the profession, who has shown remarkable promise and made a strong impression in the UK.
‘Sheku Kanneh-Mason has captivated listeners worldwide in a truly extraordinary way. He kept on shining this year with countless concerts, his sublime Elgar Concerto recording, and fabulous family endeavours in lockdown.’
You can see the moment this award was announced as part of the full RPS Awards Presentation, broadcast online on Wednesday 18 November 2020.
This year's shortlist for Young Artists was decided by an independent panel drawn from across the music profession comprising:
- Dobrinka Tabakova, composer
- Judith Webster, Chief Executive, Music for Youth
- Sam Rigby, Managing Director, Schott Music
- Sonali Banerjee, Head of Music Planning, Trinity Laban
- Tom Redmond, Principal, Chetham's School of Music