Join our team - RPS Programme Manager
26 Jul 2023
We are currently in the process of recruiting for the role of Programme Manager. Applications have officially closed but, for now, we are keeping the following information about the role on our website for candidates’ reference.
At the RPS, we are dedicated to supporting and empowering musicians, telling their story, and playing our part in refreshing perceptions of the range, resonance and worth of classical music-making in the UK. The Programme Manager plays a central role in all this, getting to know the range of musicians we engage with across our programme of activities, creating opportunities to raise their profile, and rousing greater awareness of what the RPS does to support them.
The position will particularly benefit someone who has already gone some way in proving themselves in a busy arts organisation, charity or similar setting. Whatever your background, you should have an interest in classical music and be enthusiastic to discover more – and help others to do the same. It may be the ideal next step for someone who has amassed a range of skills so far and is now looking to consolidate all they have learned and progress to bigger opportunities. It could equally suit someone who has developed a particular flair and passion for communications, and is looking for new stories to tell.
Becoming Programme Manager at the RPS will give you the opportunity to:
• assume a central position and prominent voice in a respected, well-connected organisation at the heart of the music profession, through which you can attain many useful contacts
• develop your skills as a confident, versatile communicator, sure to distinguish you in any future position
• make a valued contribution to the professional progress of a range of musicians, helping them to develop their own skills in communicating the worth of what they do
• be integral to a mission transforming the scope of the organisation and the good it does for classical music, continually addressing how we can tell the story of a greater array of musicians
We invite you to read the role brief, linked here and at the end of this page, for a comprehensive picture of the position. The brief entails a person specification that outlines what we hope you can bring to the RPS. We do not expect you to have done everything the role entails, but have sufficient experience plus the appetite and ability to embrace new challenges and take on new skills.
The closing date for applications is 11am on Tuesday 12 September 2023.
The role brief will tell you how to apply and, when you are ready to do this, you should use the application form linked below. In this, you will need to submit:
• a covering letter addressed to Harriet Wybor, General Manager of no more than two pages detailing your interest and suitability for this role, saved as a PDF (not a Word document). Its file name should simply be: Forename Surname covering letter
• an up-to-date CV of no more than two pages outlining your relevant experience, saved as a PDF (not a Word document). Its file name should simply be: Forename Surname CV
We hope to invite select candidates for an initial interview on Zoom on Monday 25 September 2023. Please let us know in your application if this date presents any issues for you. To help put candidates at ease, we will supply first round interview questions in advance. We expect to hold consequent interviews for final candidates in person in London on the afternoon of Wednesday 4 October 2023.
We positively encourage applications from candidates of all ages and backgrounds, particularly under-represented demographics, such as those of the global majority, those who are disabled, and those from working class backgrounds. We aim to communicate openly to remove barriers and reflect our values. We know that role briefs can feel formal or impersonal, so if you sense that anything here could deter you or another candidate from applying, or indeed if would like to talk about any aspect of the role, we warmly welcome you to contact us with any queries or to ask for an informal chat. In the first instance, please email Harriet Wybor, our General Manager, on email@example.com.
Thank you so much for sharing the role brief with anyone who you think may be interested. If you decide to apply for the role, we look forward to hearing from you.
- RPS Programme Manager role brief