RPS/IdeasTap Sound:Vision competition
26 Jun 2014
Inspired by our major commission this year, PULSE, the RPS has joined forces with arts charity IdeasTap in a new initiative which offers five young filmmakers and five composers the chance to create their own short film/music collaborations.
In Sound:Vision, each pair of young artists have been brought together by the RPS and IdeasTap and awarded £1000 to bring their creative visions to fruition; the final films will be shown at an autumn screening in London.
The composers/filmmakers, selected from over 100 applications, are:
- Royal Academy of Music MMus graduate, composer Ed Scolding, who will collaborate with Guildford School of Acting graduate, Peter Groom.
- Former Britten Pears Young Artist and Sound and Music ‘Portfolio Composer’ 2013 Sarah Lianne Lewis, and London College of Communication BA Interaction and Moving Image graduate Christopher Lutterodt-Quarcoo.
- Composer and orchestrator for film, theatre and television, Theo Vidgen, and Oldham born Sophie Barratt (currently a student at California State University).
- Young composer Joe Jackson from Merseyside, and Oxford University English graduate and young theatre director Chloe Wicks.
- Royal College of Music student Danielle Howard, who will collaborate with Italian documentary filmmaker Victoria Fioravante.
26 June 2014