Supported by BBC Music Magazine
For the outstanding quality and scope of the performances and work in any context of a conductor in the UK between January 2018 and June 2019.
This year's shortlist for Conductor was decided by an independent panel drawn from across the music profession comprising:
- Catherine Arlidge MBE, violinist, CBSO / Artistic and Educational Director, National Children's Orchestra
- Hannah Donat, Artistic Producer, BBC Proms
- Matthew Swann, Chief Executive, City of London Sinfonia
- Natalie Taylor, viola, Chineke! / BBC Symphony Orchestra
- Sarah DerbyshireMBE, Chief Executive, Orchestras Live