For the outstanding quality and scope of the performances and work in any context of a solo performer on any instrument in the UK between January 2018 and June 2019.
This year's shortlist for Instrumentalist was decided by an independent panel drawn from across the music profession comprising:
- Alasdair Tait, Chief Executive & Artistic Director, YCAT / cellist
- Colin Currie, percussionist
- Helen Wallace, Programme Director, Kings Place
- Jessica Cottis, conductor
- Svend McEwan-Brown, Artistic Director, East Neuk Festival